Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Renegade Brewery ~ Denver, Colorado


Yep - had a few beers from this brewery before, but not been to the taprooms.

---

925 W 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80204

Will keep this one short and sweet. My initial interest in Renegade was geographic: their second location (see Renegade Public House below) was stumble-distance from my place near University of Denver 2012-2014. As result, I had the opportunity to have a number of their beers. Noteworthy in this list were Beetnik Beet Saison, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Stout, Redacted Rye IPA (formerly had a different name) (ed: had this one) and a triple IPA that was forced by copyright issues to change names 2-3 times during this period (now marketed as Endpoint, formerly E3 and Elevated) (ed: and this one - known as Endpoint then). Enjoyed all, but found that a couple of their seasonal offerings (Beetnik and Reese) were quite inconsistent. My understanding - these guys are not great at recipe management, thus explaining the inconsistency. Still and all, nice beers and pretty good experience at both locations (before the Public House closed doors).

Renegade Public House (RIP – closed July 2014) – From Rude Dante’s narrow perspective, this was the best tap room experience in my life. A different format as this was run as a second location of a fairly well-known Denver brewery. Pub House had 6-8 ‘home taps’ paired with 6-8 ‘guest taps’. And a kitchen – a GOOD kitchen! My visits were quite regular, so much so that although I missed their ‘public’ closing celebration late July 2014, I was invited by the staff to come back for the staff celebration the next night. They piled on me with beers, food and merchandise, and I had my last visit through their taps (one guest tap handle managed to leave with me that night – gifted rather than pilfered). Among the beers I had first at the Public House were all the Renegade beers listed under the brewery entry (elsewhere), plus my first Big Bad Baptist from Epic, my first Green Flash, River North, Crooked Stave, Ratio, and probably 5-10 other noteworthy breweries (ed: know all of these!). Also a spot that introduced me to Fernet Branca, barrel-aged gin, a variety of other spirits never experienced elsewhere. A moment of silence, please…

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...