Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Little Creatures ~ Fremantle, Australia


40 Mews Road, Fremantle WA Australia 6160         (08) 6215 1000

Little Creatures was acquired by Lion (part of Japanese Kirin organization) in 2012 – the same year as my handful of visits to the brewery while working in nearby Perth. This acquisition puts them in the same portfolio with New Belgium, Bells, Brooklyn and distiller Four Roses, among others - so unlikely they will screw up the beer very quickly. My general impression of Australian beer prior to Little Creatures was mixed: very expensive, mixed quality, less interesting than the nearby Margaret River wine country. That impression started to really shift with my first visit to Little Creatures. While they offer a broad spectrum of ales, their Pale really caught my attention. In my recent experience, this Pale was second only to the remarkable Kernel from the UK in overall quality. Certainly tried many other beers here, but the Pale is the go-to. While there are a handful of other beers I liked better in Western Australia, there is not a brewery that I liked better.

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...