Saturday, September 24, 2022

Perrin Brewery ~ Comstock Park, Michigan


How interesting, I just had one of their beers last week. They're not regularly distributed to Colorado, just via the Canarchy group, as RD mentions below. Though the beers I've found were different than his.

---

5910 Comstock Park Dr NW, Comstock Park, MI 49321

Before I discuss the beers – and they are some pretty amazing beers – that come out of this Grand Rapids-area brewery, a note about ownership as they are part of an interesting group. Just after my first – and only – visit to the brewery in 2015, I discovered that Perrin had been ‘acquired’ by Oscar Blues. In later poking around, I discovered that such ‘acquisitions’ are really more like joining a coop, in this case one known as CANarchy, itself a subsidiary of Monster Beverage. CANarchy should be an entry of its own, but suffice to say that Oscar Blues, Deep Ellum, Cigar City and Wasatch are some of its other brands. Enough on ownership, on to the beer.

Perrin shares most letters with the surname of Rude Dante, so he was naturally curious about their beer. After a quick taste at my hotel in Grand Rapids, I decided to take some time and check out the brewery. What I found was a brewer who loves and features barrel-aged stouts and porters. In short, my kind of place! Only one of their beers has shown up in my home geography (Colorado) – and that is the No Rules Vietnamese Porter – but I also drew a couple of their big meaty taps (names, unfortunately, have been forgotten) and took some bottles of their more commercial beers with me to share with family (blonde and IPA) at a reunion. All of these are now packaged in cans – as the parent org name would imply. Will return soon!

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...