Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Sail and Anchor ~ Fremantle, Australia


64 South Terrace, Fremantle, WA, 6160, tel (08) 9431 1666. 

Visited as first stop of a pub crawl with former Aussie navy guides (Danger! Danger!). It was a long night, and I won’t pretend to recall each beer at all 4-5 stops (Navy bloke was banned from one of our stops). But the last beer from Sail & Anchor kept calling me back. I had ridden a bike the 15 or so miles to Fremantle, then took a train back to Perth after the pub crawl, so I had to return and retrieve said bike the next day. The encore tasting was primarily (exclusively?) for the purpose of verifying my cloudy recollections of the Brass Monkey stout. Upon further review, Brass Monkey Stout showed up as my favorite beer in Australia, hands down. It was a milk stout, with similarities to Left Hand (though not on nitro if memory serves), and a bit more bite like Hopping Frog. All in all, a top 5 stout in memory on my palate!

- Rude Dante Review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...