Sunday, September 4, 2022

Peaks N Pines ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: Sep 2022

First visit: Sep 2018

They have a newer location in Fountain and they moved the brewery there. This spot is strictly a taproom now.

---original 9/4/22 review

Since I was already in the area after eating at Mici, I decided to stop by and have a cold one at Peaks N Pines. This is my first visit since before the pandemic. Mrs. RJG had joined me on the other 2 visits, but she's not going much in for the breweries these days (something about waistlines again...). It's mental in her case, and has no affect for me. Though I suppose if I drank a lot it would... Anyway, this is one of the more comfortable breweries in town, reflecting the area it sits. Even though it's in Colorado Springs proper, this part of town out east is pure suburbia. All new, clean, and filled with every shopping and eating chain you can imagine. The pandemic probably had less effect here than in other parts of Colorado. So you lose a little edge (see LowDown) but you gain comfort. I can go for both, but admittedly Peaks N Pines is like visiting an old friend. And they're one of the better breweries in town, always with a great selection of old favorite and new brews. Plenty of food outlets nearby if you want to bring something to eat (including one German restaurant I need to get into these pages), which they welcome.

9/2/18; 4/6/19; 9/4/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...