Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Strange Craft Beer Company ~ Denver, Colorado


Only had one beer from this brewery, and it's been 6 years since then. Never seen here in Colorado Springs. Haven't even found them recently in the liquor stores in Denver either to be honest.

---

1330 Zuni St Unit M, Denver, CO 80204

For many years when I lived a mile or so away, Strange was my go-to on a Friday night. Some of my favorite beers ever come out of this brewery, including a fabulous recurring collaboration with Epic dubbed “Strangely Epic” – a blend of Strange’s slightly sour Cherry Kriek and Epic’s Big Bad Baptist, a monster stout. Other stars include 1000 Barrel (ed: and this is the one I had!) and Heathers, a couple IPAs with excellent seasonal fresh-hopped variations. I’ve also been a fan of a couple of their seasonal offerings: a green chile / sweet potato beer that is a perennial Thanksgiving feature, and a February Valentine’s Day Raspberry Chocolate Love Stout. But my growler generally leaves with a fill of Breakfast Grapefruit IPA, which is in my opinion the best beer to accompany a homemade green chile huevos ranchero. This is the only brewery where I’ve maintained a mug club membership.

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...