Sunday, September 25, 2022

Coal Creek TAP ~ Laramie, Wyoming


Location: Grand @ 1st (downtown)

Last visit: Sep 2022

First visit: Mar 2020

In a repeat of our first visit, we walked over to Coal Creek TAP to have a couple of beers. Though in this case we showed up completely sober and thirsty. Next door is Coal Creek Coffee and they also have a little restaurant as well. I'd like to try it sometime. When talking breweries it's hard to avoid the term "vibe". Some breweries just have that perfect vibe, and Coal Creek is one of them. I would love to come here some freezing January evening. With the mood lighting and atmosphere of college. It seems each time we go, I'm reminded of my own college days discussing epistemology and the reality of artificial intelligence (true experience actually - in the middle 80s no less). And they always have a great selection of beers. I'm at the point where I rate a brewery at the highest when they offer an ESB. I don't know why every brewer decided to stop making classic beers and only offer a 100 variations of IPA's. All they do is change one hop, and come up with a clever cultural name. But Coal Creek offers a delicious biscuity ESB. Ah yes. Then we can have an imperial IPA...

I don't see a visit to Laramie without at least one stop at Coal Creek TAP.

9/25/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...