Saturday, September 24, 2022

ViewHouse ~ Colorado chain


I've been to the Colorado Springs location once, but never put notes down for the RJG. The Tampa Pound was kind enough to take me here after I was out of work (but on severance) last summer (2021). It's name comes from the fact that they have large expansive windows and rooftop seating to see the mountains. In Colorado Springs, all one has to do is go outside to see Pikes Peak, so it's fairly redundant. In Denver, the mountains are much further off, so it benefits from the layout. It's a gimmick that comes with a hefty price tag. I found their food better than average for this kind of setup. And they do feature local craft beers including their own. Technically it's a brewpub. They currently have 3 locations in Denver and 1 here in the Springs. If I go again, I'll format differently.

---

ViewHouse provides a good selection of beers, a fairly broad and diverse menu – generally pretty good quality – and a catering staff that focuses on special & corporate events (one of which hosted my younger daughter’s rehearsal dinner). My first 2-3 visits were corporate events for then employer Newmont Mining. They also maintain a full bar of spirits & wine, so not necessarily a taproom in the classic sense. Better than a TGI Fridays or Chili’s, though, and a much more local / less national chain presence than Yardhouse.

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...