Friday, May 13, 2022

The Silver Medal Boozes and Burgers ~ Austin, Texas


7100 E Hwy 290, Austin, TX 78723

Met my nephew here for a bite and a beverage while in town Oct of 2021. Dave describes Silver Medal as his favorite local dive bar in Austin. It's a tiny little place with a hodge-podge clientele. He particularly likes the fact that you can get a rock solid chili cheese dog with your choice of bad beer for a song most any night. That is precisely what we had - and they were GOOD. To be fair, I was a couple sheets to the wind upon arrival, but I truly believe this is a great joint. Some of the menu options ('fried bologna sandwich', 'Frito pie burger', 'grilled cheese - yup!') just scream for me to come back and order them. Will go back to confirm - next time I get the chance.

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...