Monday, May 23, 2022

Grand Tradition Estate & Gardens ~ Fallbrook, California


First visit: May 2022

Finally we get to the main event. The wedding itself. When this trip started I figured this wasn't a place I would feature in the RJG. I've been to plenty of these type of wedding - or corporate - events like this where food is the afterthought of the overall purpose. They do the bare minimum to feed everyone. Similar to hospitals, schools, and prisons in that way... (not that I have any experience with the latter mind...). That is absolutely not the case here at Grand Tradition.

Just to set the stage. The location could not be more beautiful. Incredible foliage, a lake, waterfalls, gazebo, clubhouse, outdoor bar, etc... it's incredibly elegant as one of my official nephews so aptly called it. My niece had a fantasy wedding essentially. It's what she wanted, and at least she got what they paid for (must have cost a fortune). She waited 2 years for this moment. And she enjoyed every minute of it. I really wish I could share a photo here - but I have to stay anonymous. She is stunningly beautiful anyway (and very sweet too - I'm a proud uncle, what can I say?), but on this day, she just glowed with a perfect dress (that also cost a ton). And for you ladies reading (are ladies reading? questions...) the groom is also a most perfect man. Looks like he just walked off a Hollywood set. And he's a great guy too - Uncle RJG approves! The two of them should be on a cover of a magazine. And I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.

We were all shuttled there in 3 limo buses. Now we have the extended family and friends set. I think 100 in total. Of course we did the drunken bar thing at the resort the night before to catch up with everyone. I stuck to beer so as to not have a hangover the next day. Can't say that for everyone... But hey, the wedding was in the late afternoon, so plenty of time to sober up. Mrs. RJG and I were in the front row - it's the Godfather thing again, and the ceremony was perfect. Then everyone beelined to the outdoor bar (of course they did). They were too understaffed for this mob of drunks, but we all got a couple of drinks.

Bear in mind, I hardly had anything to eat and was really hungry by the time we had the ceremony. So I did tackle the cheese and cracker snacks at the bar pretty hard. Now it's time for dinner. As noted, I didn't expect much. I was blown away by how good it was. It was a standard buffet setup with chef assistance at every table. The chicken was incredible - a favorite of our family at the very least. Tender, moist and delicious. There was excellent sliced brisket too and amazing mashed potatoes. And even the Caesar salad was great with a dressing that was just right, not too much anchovy. I loaded up the plate on the first go round and was completely stuffed. And happy. As was everyone else who cared about the food. The rest of the evening went as planned, and finally the Wedding of the Century had ended. 

So if you want to do a fantasy wedding with great food, I can heartily recommend Grand Tradition Estate. I'm sure it isn't cheap though...

5/21/22 (new entry)

photo courtesy of Wedding Compass

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...