Monday, May 16, 2022

Pints Pub ~ Denver, Colorado


And yet another place we've been to but not since the townhome years (2011 in this case).

221 W 13th Ave, Denver, CO 80204

As a bit of a single-malt gourmand, it came as a surprise to me that I had never once set foot into Pints prior to taking a job elsewhere in 2009. When I moved back to Denver in 2012, it popped to the top of my list of places to vet out now that Denver was once again home.

Pints, according to the literature, has the largest selection of single-malt scotch at one venue anywhere in the world (outside of the UK). Whilst they focus on scotch, there is also a considerable selection of international whisky, a nice selection of beers they brew onsite (including, usually, a couple traditional cask-conditioned ales), and a decent pub menu to choose from.

Food-wise, their wings are full (not sectioned) and meaty. Not usually the first thing that jumps out at me on the menu, I've had them many times and was never disappointed. The slate of usual British pub suspects (fish & chips, bangers & mash, crisps) are all solid (but was a bit surprised to find no shepherds pie?) Burgers and all other items I have tried were all quite good.

But spend a bit of time perusing their spirits menu. There are even a couple different options for flights if you are looking to try something new. Highly recommended!

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...