Monday, May 23, 2022

La Costa Coffee Roasting ~ Carlsbad, California


First visit: May 2022

As noted on the Kearny Mesa Deli entry, we checked out of our local hotel and moved over to the official wedding resort the day before. Limo buses took us to and from Sevilla Tapas (told you this was extravagant). That resort is the Omni. It's an old fashioned resort with big rooms and outdoor patio seating. Personally I love these older Californian hotels that are like this. I won't get into too much detail otherwise, but the resort is a ripoff and a half. And they're digging into my wallet for every little thing. Surprised they don't charge to flush the toilet. Anyway...

It's the day of the wedding. As you may have noted we are on the bride side. And Auntie RJG was given the opportunity to have her hair done. If you've ever been around the ladies on wedding day, you have to know chaos will ensue. I plan for a living, and I just have to accept the fact that mass confusion is what will happen on this day. And lo and behold, that prophesy was fulfilled. If this was one of my global projects, I would be fired. But it's not and it's just how these things go. Looking at the schedule, lunch isn't in it. But there's no time to get one either. Because everyone is busy getting their hair and nails done, and dressing for the event. Lots of Oh My God's though. Or perhaps a Dios Mio in the local vernacular from Grandma. 

The resort cafe had a line to San Diego, with tapas like pricing. The heck with that! I'm going offsite. Fortunately there are plenty of options. La Costa is an independent coffee house - at least I can grab a caramel macchiato and a croissant. In retrospect I should have had more, but I had held out hope there might be a chance for a lunch still. What a dope. Of course there wasn't time! In fact I was summoned back in a frantic call - as Mrs. RJG needed a ride. Par for the course.

But at least La Costa Coffee was very good - it was in fact the best coffee I had on the trip. And the croissant was good as well - and I stayed off the sugary variety. Definitely go here if you are stuck at the Omni, and have wheels to go offsite.

5/21/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...