Monday, May 16, 2022

Table Mountain Inn ~ Golden, Colorado


I remember a fellow passenger on an airplane back to Denver recommending this place to me (like in 1998...), but I never did saunter on over. Let's see what Rude Dante has to say...

1310 Washington Ave, Golden, CO 80401

This is a place I have been coming back to repeatedly since shortly after moving to Denver in 1995. The food has been consistently good, service generally good if sometimes slow, and never had that 'needs a cleanup or overhaul' feel you sometimes get at places that stand the test of time. I prefer the bar or patio (weather permitting) to the dining room, but there's no difference in menu between the various seating areas. The hotel is small, with a clean southwestern feel - kinda like something one might find in Santa Fe, but I have never stayed the night so cannot vouch for the accommodations.

What I can vouch for is the food, which mirrors the decor (Santa Fe SW-ern). Good green chile - not blazing hot with spice, but great flavor & consistency. Have had and enjoyed their rellenos, but is has been a few years since I've tried them. They used to make an amazing corned buffalo Reuben and also corned buffalo hash (first place I tried both in my lifetime - was hooked!), but for some reason they replaced both with brisket some 5-10 years ago (this is partly why D'Deli has become such a valuable find for me!) Also quite good biscuits & gravy, breakfast burritos, omelettes & benedicts. Have not ventured here often for dinner, so breakfast / lunch review will have to suffice for now. Nicer place, not the dive bar I generally favor, but solid and consistent.

~ Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...