Monday, November 7, 2022

State 48 Brewery ~ Gilbert, Arizona


First visit: Nov 2022 (Gilbert)

After a full day of crate digging, I'd built up an appetite. There's nothing walking distance to the hotel, but what would be a close drive that looked appealing? State 48 Brewery went straight to the front and kept the pole position throughout. Had to limit the beer intake, which I usually peg to 2 unless they are really light. Must keep under the legal limit. It's easier to do that locally because I can always come back and try other beers the next time. But I have to avoid the temptation to try more and stay disciplined. The Bier Reise have those two beers cataloged - and they were both delicious.

State 48 is a sharp looking place inside a suburban "town center". Somewhat like Southlake's Town Square for my old NE Tarrant readers. A very spacious place with television screens throughout. I waited until the Cardinals game was over, and even Google Maps warned it was "busier than usual" during the game. And I'm sure that's one of the brewpub's primary functions - that of a sports bar. The timing was perfect really, and the restaurant was busy but comfortable. Plopped myself at the bar - you notice I always "plop myself" at a bar? Not sure why I say that, but I guess that's how it feels. I had peeked at their menu online and was very much intrigued that they had Chicken Parm, though the restaurant doesn't have other Italian specialty items. Giving in to temptation, I had to try it.


And I am so glad I did! Wow - 90% of the Italian restaurants out there do not make it this good. Makes you wonder why not? What a fantastic plate of wonderfulness this turned out to be. See the photo of my dinner. That's what I want chicken parm to look like! Slightly burned gooey cheese, crispy breaded chicken cutlet, all sitting on a bed of penne pasta, with a delicious deep red pomodoro sauce. Comes with a steak knife as you can see - that's what I expect! And it tasted as good as it looks. And steaming hot! Did you hear that - you establishments in Colorado Springs that call yourselves "restaurants"? Make sure that the dish goes from the oven to the table as fast as possible!

Wow - what do I do when I come to Phoenix next time? It will be hard to pass up on Tacos Tijuana and State 48 Brewery - especially considering they have multiple locations in the city. And speaking of that, State 48 has 6 of them throughout the valley. On the question - at least once a year for the annual review. I would be so lucky to have the option.

11/6/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...