Friday, November 11, 2022

Society by Evo ~ Tempe, Arizona


First visit: Nov 2022

Picking back up here... So the first night was a late one, where dinner didn't start until 9. Way off my dietary routine but I was mentally prepared. We had a very large group, and my coworker chose Society by Evo. You already know that the RJG is not going to gravitate to a "sleek" restaurant with a name like Society by Evo. As stated before, when English majors rule the menu, the accountants add a zero to each entry. On the left side of the decimal point...

We had appetizers to start - trays of meatballs, bacon wrapped dates, steak and potato with a hot dipping sauce, feta dip, and hummus. Maybe more. All very good, at least that which I tried. Even though it was late, I decided on pasta anyway and had the Bolognese. Very similar to the meal I had at Panzano in Denver. Maybe even better, as the sauce had a really nice kick to it. I wasn't going to eat it all, but I kept digging in anyway. Weight gain! Beer list was fairly perfunctory and the taps were broken. This group are not heavy drinkers (fortunately) which probably explains why they're still going after all these years (most of us are of a similar age). I had one bottled IPA from Bell's which sufficed. 

The location is very nice. A large comfortable place, with darkened mood lighting. Very close to the Arizona State University campus. Definitely a good choice for large business groups.

11/7/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...