Friday, November 4, 2022

Sopraffina Marketcaffe ~ Chicago, Illinois


First tried: Nov 2022

OK now we have moved offices (a few blocks away) and expanded our team up to 20 people. This group is a bit too big for team lunches and dinners, so they brought in food from the outside. That's always a dicey proposition, but I hoped for the best. I was starving by Noon, and I heard lunch was served. Wandering outside the office was a display filled with different kinds of sandwiches and salads - all in sturdy cardboard boxes - with the name Sopraffina stamped on them. I grabbed the sole Parma sandwich, which had smoked ham, swiss cheese, lettuce, tomato, and grain mustard on pretzel ciabatta. Came with a side of fruit, spicy pickle, macaroni salad, and an M&M cookie.

Oh my goodness - what a great sandwich! Makes you wonder why everyone can't do this? The bread is key for certain but the mixture of ingredients were perfect. Very fresh. Other notables were the large spear pickle - and my inner 5 year old comes out - the cookie. The fresh fruit was enjoyable and I don't like cold macaroni salad, but I was stuffed anyway so I gave it away.

Sopraffina is a local chain with 4 locations - all inside the Loop! I'm not sure which store they catered it from, and I obviously haven't been inside, so I'm leaving the location off.

11/4/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...