Saturday, November 26, 2022

Ted's Montana Grill ~ national chain : Colorado Springs, Colorado


First visit: Nov 2022 (Colorado Springs - Promenade)

I'd heard of Ted's Montana Grill in my business travels throughout the US, but never actually went there, though I seem to recall one time where it was planned but we dined elsewhere. Mrs. RJG was in the mood for a burger, and she'd heard that Ted's was one of the best in town - from a neighbor I believe. Ah, why not? So on this fine Saturday we sauntered over for lunch (not too far from where we reside), hoping not to battle the Christmas buying crowd. It wasn't too bad and we found a parking spot nearby. Walking in, the restaurant is well appointed and is made to look like an old fashioned western spot shoehorned into the main drag. Cozy booths with mood lighting enhance the effect. 

Despite having a full bar area, their taps are lacking of craft beers. They have their own beer made by New Belgium called Ted's Big Sky Lager. So I ordered that. Not too bad - refreshing, but very light if looking for more heft in your beer. Didn't think New Belgium would make something this light.

We went straight to order. Mrs. RJG asked for the bacon cheeseburger (beef) with 50/50 fries and onion rings. And I ordered a regular cheeseburger (with swiss) with a cup of their bison red chili. They brought out the latter first, topped with onions, cheese, and jalapeno's. Wow - what a great chili! The bison is soft and velvety. Very flavorful. I'm getting a bowl next time. Mrs. RJG loved her burger - perfectly cooked well done, the ground beef was also soft and tasted great. The only problem is they didn't toast the bun, always a gripe with the Misses. Mine was pretty much the exact same minus the bacon. I had every intention of ordering the bison, but for whatever reason I uttered beef. Mrs. RJG isn't a fan of the meat but I am! No complaints from me at all - delicious burger. The fries were good if not distinctive. The onion rings had a nice batter - that completely fell off the onion lol. All in all, a very positive experience. Mrs. RJG and I both agree that the Official RJG Mom would love this place. She has a birthday coming up, so we'll see. I'm sure their steaks are great too.

The Ted in Ted's Montana Grill is Ted Turner - the CNN and TBS guy. Sort of takes the magic out of the whole Montana thing, though I think he's the largest private landowner there - or at least close to it. The corporation is based in Atlanta. Nationwide there are 39 locations with 8 in Colorado, and 7 of those are in the Denver area. There are none in Texas.

11/26/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...