Sunday, April 2, 2023

Trinity Brewing ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: Apr 2023

First visit: Sep 2019

Mrs. RJG frequently drives to Garden of the Gods to go on a solo hike or with a friend. She happened to notice Trinity Brewing on this drive and suggested we go for lunch. I'm not going to pass up on that opportunity! We'd been once before pre-pandemic, and she didn't enjoy it. I thought it was good, perhaps could have used a slight improvement. Since that visit, they have a completely new menu and chef, so it's like going for the first time. I think they expanded to the space next door (can't remember for sure), and now have two very large rooms to spread out. As well as some outdoor seating. 

We settled on brewpub food - she had a Buffalo chicken sandwich and I went for the fried chicken sandwich, something I'm going more and more for these days. The modern way of frying isn't so bread or grease heavy. Or at least it shouldn't be. I thought she was going to enjoy hers, since the bread appeared toasted on both sides. But as time wore on, the crispness began to sag, and she went from positive to "why don't you ever take me for Thai food?". Sigh. I enjoyed mine though. Of course I did. I went with tater tots, she went with fries, and they gave her sweet potato fries instead, adding to her increasingly darker mood. For beers, I enjoyed a red ale and she had an apricot blonde that she didn't like. It didn't help that we had dogs next to us while we dined. I understand all of this to be the modern way of living and adjust accordingly. She's been struggling with all this. C'est la vie. Like with Bristol, I fear my next visit will be for the brewery only. Perhaps I'll snack on something. Suffice to say, Mrs. RJG isn't excited about a return visit. Bummer that. At least Phantom Canyon and Cerberus are still in the cards.

9/7/19; 4/2/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...