Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Komrai Thai ~ Trophy Club, Texas


Mr. Music is hanging out in our old stomping grounds! Technically this is in Denton County, but we had adopted Roanoke and Trophy Club into our NE Tarrant routine. Don't remember Komrai Thai from back then, so let's see what Mr. Music has to say.

---

Mr. Brisket and I stopped in for a small snack. We had been playing disc golf in Trophy Club and needed a little something before heading home. We found this little Thai restaurant through a Google search. It was close by and we decided to pop in. The place was a little hard to find because it is in the rear of a very small shopping center that seemed almost abandoned on a Saturday. Plus they don't have a sign yet, but read they have one coming. Komrai Thai is tiny (which I love) and is also a boba shop. You order from the menu which is on the wall behind the counter. At first glance, the menu looks small but has plenty of Thai dishes to choose from. All the basics like Pad Thai, Pad See Ewe, Pad Kee Mow, a few curries, some rice dishes and more.

I think that there are about 8 booths inside and a few tables to sit outside. Cute! We decided to split the Pad Thai. I also ordered iced black tea. The young lady at the counter was very friendly and helpful. She explained that she is the daughter of the owner/chef. I asked my usual question. 'do you have pik nam pla?" Much to my delight, she told us that there was a little container of it at every table with the other condiments. This is what I consider a good sign at a Thai restaurant! The young lady and her mother both came out to our table to deliver our food. They were both so nice and sweet. They explained to us that so many people have allergies to peanuts these days, they don't put ground peanuts on top of the dish. 

Mr. Brisket does not love spicy food as much as I do, so we decided to get a level 2 and I would just heat mine up with some delicious pik nam pla. Honestly, I did not notice any heat at all when the food came, which is fine because to me a level 2 is very low spice. Mr. Brisket said that he orders level 2 for all Thai dishes and this seemed mild compared to his other experiences. I was happy to doctor mine up with yummy Thai chili's and fish sauce. The dish was very nice. It came hot and fresh and the flavor was great. I personally like mine a little saucier, but it was not dry by any means. Both Mr. Brisket and I agreed that we missed the sprinkled peanuts on top. We got our dish with chicken, which they cubed into very small pieces. Mr Brisket mentioned how much he really enjoyed the chicken cut that way, I have never had it like that and really liked it too. The black tea came in as sealed cup just like boba. It was very good but I understand why Mr. Brisket did not order it; because when he orders tea, he wants free refills. All in all it was a great experience. I definitely want to go back. I like the food and the people running it and want to try some other dishes.

- Mr. Music review


No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...