Saturday, April 15, 2023

Glacier Ice Cream & Gelato ~ Colorado chain : Castle Rock


Latest visit: Apr 2023 (Castle Rock)

First visit: Jul 2009 (Boulder)

After eating at the Castle Cafe, I visited one record shop and then wanted a craft beer. Mrs. RJG said she wanted "nieve", Spanish slang for ice cream (means snow - helado being more formal). Guess who won that argument especially considering our lunch didn't go over too well?

I remembered the name Glacier, but could not place it until I checked my personal database. Sure enough, we had gone one time in Boulder during our townhome years (on July 4th no less). This is only our second time back. The location sits just outside of the old downtown in a bustling new urban district known as the Riverwalk. It's only a block from Granelli's where Old Boss and I enjoyed a lunch last December (as noted here in the RJG). BTW - Old Boss retired. Damn - I'm jealous! But he's 9 years older than me to be fair.

What's nice about Glacier is you can choose between gelato or ice cream, just as the name suggests. In recent years, we've both favored gelato as it's more rich and creamy. Though sometimes I want the more chewy ice cream. Mrs. RJG finally learned that a "small cup" is plenty, as she oftentimes will load up a waffle cone with 3 scoops and then feel terrible later. Ya-huh. I have no such issues enjoying a small portion as it adds up nicely while eating. I tried the Cappuccino and she had the Nutella. Both were absolutely delicious. This is some really excellent gelato, and worth more visits than every 14 years. I think we can manage that...

Though they're a chain, they don't seem to have central ownership. Best I can tell they have 2 locations in Boulder, one each in Greenwood Village (Denver suburb) and Fort Collins - and the one here.

7/4/09; 4/15/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...