Saturday, April 22, 2023

Thai Taste Cuisine ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: Jul 2023

First visit: Aug 2021

---original 4/22/23 review

This is only the second time for us to visit Thai Taste, the first listed above. I quite liked it, but couldn't enjoy it entirely because I was having so much fun with some crazy gum swelling (details somewhere in this blog, not worth rehashing). I've been pushing Mrs. RJG that I wanted to go back, but there was an unknown resistance. Finally that night has arrived.

Coming off my children's meal at Black Bear Coffee, I was ready to devour a full sized dinner. Before walking in, they have photos of the food to be offered on the window. And - oh my God - my dish is right there on the door! Basil Fever. Open up the menu - there it is again on the front page! Real Thai Basil - ground chicken, fried egg, and little Thai chilis sprinkled throughout. I finally don't have to explain what I want - they're advertising it! 

This is getting more promising by the minute.

We decided to order the shrimp blanket appetizer. Ah... the good old days of NE Tarrant's wonderful Thai restaurants are back! It's a pre-packaged item, but please fry it up hot and tasty for us. And indeed they did just that. Yummy. Mrs. RJG ordered Cashew Chicken with vegetables. And you already know what I ordered. Thai Hot baby, Thai Hot. I knew they didn't have alcohol, so I proceeded to order Thai Iced Coffee. Then the Mrs. inexplicably asked if they did have alcohol. Huh? She's not even drinking these days. And - guess what? They do!

This is getting more promising by the minute.

We each ordered a glass of white wine. OK, it's a tad expensive at $9 a glass, but it was a good pour at least. I would wish for $5 or $6, but I'll take it. You can read my thoughts on the Thai food experience with Chardonnay on the NaRai Thai entry (who incidentally are no longer even in the conversation of where we want to go eat Thai).

Out comes two plates for each of us. One a huge scoop of perfectly cooked rice. The other the entree. No need to allocate space on how to get the main meal onto the rice. Just one big drop on top. Oh gosh - this is so good. Mrs. RJG was clearly having her best dining-out meal in ages (tacos notwithstanding). 

Move over Zesty Thai - we have a new favorite in town (though you're still in the mix!). One that competes with our old favorites back in NE Tarrant like Sweet Basil and Magic Springroll.

You're in Colorado Springs and you want authentic Thai food? Go here.

8/7/21; 4/22/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...