Saturday, April 22, 2023

Black Bear Coffee ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


First visit: Apr 2023

I was way down south at an estate sale in the Broadmoor area, and the day was getting away from me. I had a meeting I needed to take in the car, and after that, whatever food was afforded me, I'm taking! I usually eat my main meal between 8 and 11, and here it is 1:30. To say I was hungry would be a major understatement. But I only wanted something light at this point, since I knew I'd be going out with Mrs. RJG for dinner.

It's been many a year since I found myself in this shopping center right off of I-25 near Cheyenne Mountain. During the Denver townhome years of 2009 through 2011, we occasionally would come from southern Colorado through Colorado Springs. There was a very good Thai restaurant in here at that time (now it appears to be a Chinese place).

While sitting in the parking lot listening to the meeting, I contemplated my choices. There was a Which Wich that I'd been to once in Southlake many years ago (wasn't impressed but probably should try it again). El Super Taco was there (haven't tried yet). And Black Bear Coffee. Ya know, if they have a real ice cream coffee milk shake, that would be perfect.

Of course they didn't. Why is it that the mountain towns all do have ice cream shakes, and the coffee places in the city just have those nasty "blended" drinks like Frappacino's? Questions. I ordered a coffee that had Bear in the name and included Hazelnut and Irish Cream. I can't find it online, but there was one more ingredient (Caramel maybe?). I just got a small. It was good, but way too sweet. I decided to have a Turkey Melt as well. Promised to be a hot panini. C'mon guys, really? It was two pieces of white bread toast, deli turkey, provolone, and pesto (all no doubt from the Safeway next door). That's it. If I was 10 years old, it would have been filling. Fortunately I was looking for something light - but maybe not that light. Worse is that the turkey was still cold. Panini's are supposed to be hot. Gosh dang.

Oh well, not terrible by any means, but not seeing any reason to return. Not that I'm down here much, but it would have been a destination if they had something worthwhile. It doesn't appear they do.

4/21/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...