Monday, April 24, 2023

Big Bill's New York Pizza ~ Centennial, Colorado


Latest visit: Apr 2023

First visit: 1999

And like with McCoy's, Big Bill's seemed better than ever. There was a much larger crowd on this visit, and the kitchen seemed hotter. We finally got confirmation that their namesake beer is made by Estes Park. We devoured a large ham and pepperoni pizza between us - and finally with the right amount of sauce! Ultimately Big Bill's gave us happy bellies on the drive back to Colorado Springs. JL and I have a big trip coming up in two weeks for another show - but not in Colorado. More to come!

---original 10/15/22 review

As if to cement our new friendship, JL suggested dinner at Big Bill's New York Pizza. Alright! This was a go-to place of mine when living in Denver Ver 2.0 (post marriage / road warrior consultant / pre-management). I know Rude Dante and I went here at least a couple of times back then. He used to live nearby and it was his initial recommendation. But it's been 22+ years since I last stepped inside. Way too long. And they've expanded their space since. Obviously a popular place. And it should be. While 20 years ago, competition was fierce for New York styled pizza, today there aren't as many options. JL says "How about a meat pizza?" Man, does this guy know me or what? Naw - I'd rather have Blistered Swiss Chard. Pffft. Yes! Meat pizza sounds awesome. Of course we were both hungry after working the show, so it all went down great. Excellent crust and sauce. I could always use more sauce, but I'm particular that way. They even have their own beer - made for them by Rockyard (I think) in nearby Castle Rock. Our waitress said Estes Park, but I couldn't find evidence of that. Oh and JL knew her too and gotta another big hug. This guy...

I suspect we'll be back here next spring too.

1999; 4/16/00; 10/15/22 (new entry); 4/24/23

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...