Saturday, October 15, 2022

Citizen Rail ~ Denver, Colorado


First visit: Oct 2022

We didn't even get to leave for lunch on the second day, mooching off some other group's Italian take-in. Whoever the Italian restaurant was that prepared it did a great job, though by the time we got there, the food had been sitting under the burners for a while in the open air. Mrs. RJG would have pitched a fit had she been there, but my options were limited.

This time dinner is at 9. I might as well just check into the hospital afterward. We only had to walk across the street to the wonderfully named Citizen Rail. And they do a great job off making you feel like you're sitting in a rail station in old Denver. Theoretically it's a gastropub, but their beer list was hardly extensive, especially for Denver. The group (same 5) went for some appetizer I didn't care for - oh it was Mussels. Of course they have to be "coal simmered". Now I know how English majors make a living. They write menus... Since it was so late, and I hadn't eaten right, I knew it was best just to stick with a protein. And they had the perfect solution: Swordfish. Ah thank you Citizen Rail - I like you just for offering it. Don't see swordfish much any more and this was delicious. Of course it was "oak grilled". What - not fried in a vat of grease? Pfft. I even felt healthy after we all walked back to our respective hotels. Great meal, excellent atmosphere, no way in hell I'd pay for it. Expenses. Love 'em.

Have to laugh at the Zagat styled summary as found on Google Maps: Sophisticated Restaurant with a Patio. "Uncle Jed used to have a patio too when we had catfish!" BTW - we didn't even have lunch on the 3rd day. I survived off a Starbucks breakfast sandwich (at 5:30a before my workout) until I got back home for dinner in Colorado Springs. Mrs. RJG had the medical equipment ready to go.... Too old for this sh*t.

10/15/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...