Saturday, October 8, 2022

Gold Star Chili ~ regional chain : Lexington, Kentucky


You can read my personal history with Gold Star in the Skyline Chili review. If I ever get back to Gold Star, I'll be sure to enhance this entry. For now, we'll let Rude Dante take over...

Unlike Skyline, Gold Star can be found almost exclusively in the Cincinnati area. They only have one location in Indiana and aren't in other parts of Ohio. The one state they explore more is Kentucky.

---

1900 Plaudit Pl, Lexington, KY 40509

Short and sweet, this Gold Star aligned with my prior experience with the 'other' Cincinnati chili parlor. A bit sweeter, spicier, and containing more cocoa and cinnamon than the typical Skyline, while I still prefer Skyline, Gold Star seems to be more consistent even when you get farther away from the mothership. One other difference: Skyline uses pulverized beef rather than just ground beef (Gold Star is close to what you would cook at home). Short synopsis: I'd go to a Skyline over Gold Star most days, but Gold Star is still pretty good.

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...