Sunday, September 8, 2024

Palmer Lake Pub ~ Palmer Lake, Colorado


First visit: Sep 2024

I was working the northern reaches of Colorado Springs on this fine Saturday morning when it was time for lunch. I was in the mood for a hamburger and a beer, as I needed to chill out a bit. I had remembered driving by the Palmer Lake Pub prior, and it looked good, so let's go there.

Parked up front and walked in. Classic bar setup with stools and tables. Very few patrons, but it was early. Grabbed a local beer from nearby Pikes Peak Brewery and proceeded to review the menu. No burgers! What? What kind of pub doesn't have burgers? Well they have sliders but that tells me a different story. Well no big deal, plan B - sandwich. I ordered the Italian Panini. 

It took awhile for me to receive my order but I secretly hoped that's because they were taking the time to properly make my sandwich. And indeed that held true! It was super hot and toasty (toastier than any of the sandwiches from our recent Montana trip). A very filling sandwich and those banana peppers really added a nice flavor. Served with regular potato chips. 

Their beer selection isn't too bad, though not overly distinctive for natives. But if you're touring the area, it's a nice selection of Colorado Springs and Colorado beers.

I'll certainly come back here.

9/7/24 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...