Monday, September 2, 2024

The Sandwich Tree ~ Idaho Falls, Idaho


First visit: Aug 2024

After a few local stops in the morning, we noticed that The Sandwich Tree opens very early for lunch, It was about 9:30 and we were hungry, so let's go there. We saw the place driving to our hotel the night before and saw some fellas walking out with big ol' sandwiches. Seemed like the perfect lunch spot.

The location is great, sitting in an old mid century building on a corner intersection (see photo). Kind of reminded me of the old Cero's Heroes spot in Grapevine (TX) that we have deep in this blog. Definitely an old school sandwich shop.

At first Mrs. RJG wasn't keen on it since the bread seemed soft to her, but she got into it as she chomped through her meal, noting it never got soggy (which she hates). I didn't note what I had, but almost assuredly it was an Italian of some sort, which is my trial sandwich. It reminded me some of The Breadboard in Buffalo, Wyoming. My voice notes said that I enjoyed it but not a sandwich I would crave. Translation: It wasn't sloppy enough for me! Anyone can make a sandwich at home, the key is "the works" on top as we have noted many times prior. The Sandwich Tree wins every year the Best Sandwich of Idaho Falls. I would certainly add it to the RJG rotation if I lived there. And try a few different offerings.

You can even like them on Fac Ebook (blow up their photo provided here)

8/27/24 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...