Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Arelita Cuban Food ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado

First visit: Aug 2024

I was still on vacation on Friday and decided to head into town. I was at What's Left Records and the lunch hour had long passed. I was looking for a quick sandwich (familiar theme apparently), not named Subway, and I asked if there was anything nearby. They recommended Arelita, which is right across the street. You would think for as much as I like Cuban's that I might take a couple of minutes and look for a Cuban restaurant!

So I walked (or maybe ran) across Platte, and it's not entirely obvious there's a restaurant here. It looks more like a nightclub from the outside. I opened the door and was warmly greeted with brightly painted walls and Spanish language. Not much English spoken here, but no matter, anyone can point to a menu (which is in English). I went straight for the Cuban sandwich.

While I waited, the server was kind enough to provide me with plantain chips and a green sauce to dip it in. I think it was avocado based, but I liked it. A few minutes later out came this mammoth sandwich. I was expecting the usual size, especially at this later hour. Oh well, guess I need to eat it then huh? It was loaded with meats inside of a wonderful lightly toasted bread. Delicious. Into the RJG rotation Arelita goes.

8/30/24 (new entry)


No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...