Sunday, September 15, 2024

Rosenberg's Deli ~ Aurora, Colorado


First visit: Sep 2024 (Stanley Marketplace)

They have two other locations in Denver: Five Points & Monaco.

There's a new record show up in the Denver area, and I caught wind of it only a couple of weeks ago. So yesterday Saturday I made the drive up to the Stanley Marketplace where the show was being held. I've never been here, but it's a wonderful space renovated from the old Stanley Aviation factory that sits near the also renovated former Stapleton airport area. I wasn't sure when or how I was going to eat lunch on this day, but once I was inside, it became evident I had multiple choices. So after a couple of hours of crate digging, my stomach was growling wildly. I saw the (awesome) sign for Rosenberg's walking in from the parking lot, and that sounded perfect.

You order at the counter to your left as you enter. Be sure to check their bagels first if you are going to get a sandwich because they will ask you which kind. I ordered my trial Jewish Deli sandwich of a hot pastrami. The twist here is that it will be served on a homemade bagel, and I chose sesame. It comes with a full pickle and a bag of Zapp's potato chips (I grabbed the Voodoo Heat, but decided to take it home, so I'll eat that this week sometime). You can get it hot or cold, so I went with the former. It wasn't really hot or toasty. More warm and chewy. I think that was on purpose. The pastrami was not the usual clump of semi-fatty meat but rather slices of lean beef, and was delicious. They don't serve it with brown mustard so I needed to ask for that - and I did later. It's an excellent sandwich and it certainly filled me up though it wasn't gigantic like they can be. Not inexpensive either, so be prepared for that.

If the record show continues here, I'll probably want to try some of the other restaurants. That being said, I will certainly revisit Rosenberg's if given the chance. If I lived in Denver, it would be a rotation place.

9/14/24 (new entry)


No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...