Saturday, March 25, 2023

Motor City Pizza ~ Lewisville, Texas


Alrighty Mr. Music is getting that engine cranked. He promises more! What did his next adventure bring?

---

Oh boy, I love pizza! And I love checking out all these variations! New York style, Neapolitan, Chicago, St. Louis and now I'm discovering Detroit Style. Today a couple disc golf friends and I tried Motor City Pizza in Lewisville, TX. Honestly, I had low expectations, but still wanted to try it. I say that because in the past I've had pizza that had very thick crust and although I'll happily eat it, it isn't my dream pizza and I was worried this Detroit pizza would be the same. But it was not! The crust IS thickish, but not too thick. Oh, but it is light with a nice chew; it reminded me of a fluffy focaccia with a crisp crunchy bottom and edges. The cheese was the first layer. A nice generous layer of very stretchy, tasty mozzarella that oozed over the edge and got crispy with the edge of the crust. Toppings nestled atop the cheese sunk down into the gooeyness. Pizza alchemy! We got Italian sausage, mushrooms, onion, black olives, and pickled jalapeno. The final touch was two ladles of a chunky marinara striped across the top. Now that is something different! I think we all gasped with amazement and delight as we sunk into that first bite.... and second... It was a divine food experience!


The price was reasonable, it was a nice, bright, clean dining room and our wait person was very friendly and there when we needed her. They had appetizers and salads. I am very intrigued by their chicken strips that are coated in seasoned mashed potatoes before being fried. They looked really good! Next time... maybe, not sure I can let anything take my stomach space but that great pizza!

- Mr. Music review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...