Saturday, March 18, 2023

Dicky Doo's Diner ~ Lawrenceville, Georgia


First visit: Mar 2023

It's Monday morning and I have the day to myself. My plan was to start with a mid morning breakfast and then hit the shops again, starting in Athens, working my way to Anderson, South Carolina, and ultimately to my final destination of Greenville. Unfortunately many places are closed on Monday, but that's the time I'm here so I'll make the best of it.

It was a stunningly beautiful morning drive from Buckhead, with clear blue skies. Love the gigantic pine trees everywhere. I always feel much freedom when I can be out and about on vacation on a Monday morning. There's just something special about that scenario.

So what's for breakfast? When you're in the South, you just have to visit a place with a name like Dicky Doo's Diner. And any establishment that sports as its logo a happy pig in an apron, the RJG is there! Especially one that has a grammatical mistake lol. It's a cozy little quick service restaurant that shares a building with a Chevron, but isolated as its own store, not with a common entrance. I came for breakfast biscuits. I started with the country ham which was great, but I knew that wouldn't be enough to get me to dinner, so I later added a bacon, egg, and cheese. Excellent fluffy biscuits with hot and tasty protein. I probably should have also had something barbeque related, but wasn't even sure if they offered it in the morning. They close at 2 in the afternoon so probably they do. Didn't matter, I enjoyed my breakfast. Also enjoyed some people watching. Don't want to stereotype but when I see two fellers in overalls and seed caps chewin' the fat with heavy southern accents about god knows what, then that's just the way it is! Overall, Dicky Doo's Diner made for a nice diversion on my way to Athens.

3/13/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...