Saturday, March 18, 2023

Nose Dive ~ Greenville, South Carolina


First visit: Mar 2023

The next day was the finale of our main event, once again in another city. That ended in the early afternoon, and once again Jimmy John's provided the main lunch course. Though, as is typical of these kind of events, plenty of snacks were available as well. From there our large work group dispersed, and most headed home. That's because they all lived on the east coast. The RJG was the only one coming from the west, and remote Colorado Springs at that. It's a 9 hour flight (including connections), so I needed to wait until the very early morning hours on Friday. But it gave me a free afternoon, which allowed me to catch up on all the work I'd missed due to being completely focused on this one pursuit. And now it's dinner time. Where to go? How about next door to the hotel? 

Nose Dive is yet another craft tavern, though they go with the more formal "gastropub", which to me means one extra $ sign. As I get older, I'm beginning to realize that the greatest possible dinner is the Cubano sandwich with fries. Has all the nutrients and flavor but it's not overly heavy. And that's what I focused on here. And it was a delicious representative. Usually the big distinguisher is the pork itself. Some places go with ham, others pork loin, and here it was pork belly. The beer list wasn't as deeply researched as I prefer for places such as this, but since I'm completely new to South Carolina beers, I was able to find a couple. Excellent close out to what we all hope to be a successful business trip. We certainly put in the effort! Hell in fact, depending on your perspective of Day 1 ;-)

After this I went to the Westin Poinsett bar, not an afterthought or mere convenience. They also had some craft beers I hadn't seen in town elsewhere. Was up at 4 the next morning (2a mountain time) and back here in the early afternoon. Home sweet home.

3/18/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...