Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Cerberus Brewing ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: Sep 2024

First visit: Jan 2019

It's Labor Day and I had some hobby business to discuss with Dr. Boom. He's buying and suggested Cerberus Brewing. Heck yea - I'm in!

We sat outside on this pleasant sunny Monday and grabbed some beers (me) and bourbon (him) and we enjoyed a three hour conversational lunch. I ordered the Cuban sandwich (no way!), which I don't remember they had from the last time. It's a delicious rendition, and at the smaller size I was expecting from Arelita. The pub fries were good as well. I don't really have Cerberus in the RJG rotation, more because it's a bit of a splurge, but I won't  turn down going here either. One of the Springs better brewpubs.

---original 2/25/23 review

Mrs. RJG is suddenly in the mood for burgers at brewpubs. Well then... I better strike that iron while it's hot! We haven't been here since a year before the pandemic, and I've been wanting to get back. Our first visit was just to try their beer, and two months later we came to eat. They've altered the restaurant a bit since we were last here, and they've scaled down the menu. They were getting a bit too gastropub-y for us. But they're back to what I'd call an upscale brewpub menu.

After settling on a couple of delicious beers (mine a marzen; hers an Italian pilsener), we proceeded to order. She had the OG burger and I went with the smoked brisket burger. We both ordered it well done with pub fries. It was a bit of a wait for our food to come out, and we were hopeful that's because they were cooking our meal properly. And sure enough, we think that's what happened. Perfectly cooked well done burgers, and yet still very juicy! Mrs. RJG loved it, and she's very picky with hamburgers as you all well know. I enjoyed mine immensely too. One condiment I really liked was the garlic mayo which really penetrated through the other flavors including jalapeno and pepper jack cheese. When we had arrived we noticed a large smoker in the parking lot. Sure enough, that's where the pulled brisket is made. Very moist and flavorful. The pub fries are essentially large cut (lightly) fried potato slices. Very filling and I'm glad they only put about 7 or 8 on the plate.

The brewpub has both indoor and outdoor patio seating. It's on the way from downtown Colorado Springs to Old Colorado City, so wheels will be necessary to get here. There's not much else surrounding it, though they're trying to develop the area. It's a spacious place, that I imagine gets insanely crowded on weekend nights. Even on this visit, it was pretty full, and Saturday lunches are often a quiet time. Much busier than our visit last week to Phantom Canyon Brewing, though not sure why other than the latter has been around for much longer.

Another good place to take folks who are looking for more of a "Colorado Springs local" experience.

1/19/19; 3/16/19; 2/25/23 (new entry); 9/2/24

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...