Monday, February 13, 2023

Storybook Brewing ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: Feb 2023

First visit: Dec 2018

Continuing on with the RJG's tour of local breweries, on this fine Sunday I revisited one of our previous favorites in Storybook. Though this is my first visit back since the pandemic (though I did pick up some crowlers once during it). Sitting in a hardcore industrial district near Fillmore and Nevada, Storybook's vibe is decidedly edgy and unpolished, like the neighborhood itself. Storybook's theme is that of the gothic childhood books (note logo). And while I like a comfortable place as much as the next guy, I can go for a little bit of dirt and grime, figuratively speaking of course (it's clean!). Even Mrs. RJG likes places like this on occasion. So you can expect heavy metal music in the background, dogs wandering (Mrs. doesn't like that though), kids running around, and a genuine sense of community. One I'm more familiar with in my hobby record business than my day to day life. It's a dark venue, with plenty of space. Up front are tables and a good sized bar, and in the back are some park benches among the brewing tanks (and that's where I decided to sit and enjoy the moment). You can also go outside to the back, and oftentimes a food truck will be there, as there was on this visit (an Asian bowl specialty truck, though unfortunately I wasted my money on Chipotle earlier). Storybook is one of the more established breweries in town, but it doesn't appear they have any grand plans to expand or begin to can their beers. This is for hardcore local Colorado Springs residents, and we have a few places like this (fortunately). I enjoy them all. Had a very nice pale ale (captured in the Bier Reise), and I was on my way. Wish I could have more, but too much to do and I have to drive...

12/30/18; 1/15/19; 2/13/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...