Wednesday, February 17, 2021

El Asadero PV ~ Prescott Valley, Arizona


First visit: Feb 2021


Almost a repeat of Monday's routine, I dropped off Mrs. RJG and looked for a local breakfast. This time settling on a more traditional Mexican restaurant. I was craving some Huevos Rancheros, and it's on their menu, so let's give them a whirl. Knowing where to park is probably the best tip I can provide here - but basically you turn east on Florentine and the parking lot will be on your left. The restaurant is in an old house and is very quaint, with hard woods and soothing lighting from the sun. A perfect place for a quiet breakfast. After a nice pour of coffee (stronger than Jamie's), I ordered exactly as planned - with an additional salsa. A few minutes later, the beautiful meal arrived (see photo). The eggs were cooked per order (over easy), the corn tortillas were light, and the hash browns were excellent. The beans were of a perfect texture but I felt they lacked flavor. Needed something. The key though is the ranchera sauce itself, which was excellent, loaded with peppers, tomatoes, and onions, with a slight kick. They have 3 salsas, so I chose their hot one (of course I did...) which is a darker red. Definitely packs some heat and chile flavor. Would love to layer that onto some tacos. I was too early for lunch, but next time I will do just that. 

Great little place worth checking out, especially for locals.

2/17/21 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...