Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Jamie's Waffle Express ~ Prescott Valley, Arizona


First visit: Feb 2021

One of the things that we tend to take for granted living in Colorado - or traveling to New Mexico for that matter - is that breakfast houses that serve burritos most assuredly have a green (or red) chile to bury it in. Hopefully a spicy variety at that. So after dropping off Mrs. RJG to take care of her official Mom, I looked for a breakfast house nearby. And up came Jamie's. Yep, they have burritos. And off I went.

Tucked into a strip mall, Jamie's is a classic old fashioned diner. They have spaced out tables due to the pandemic, but I was able to secure one, so we're ready to go. I asked if they can smother the burrito. They countered with "you mean the chili we serve - or maybe a salsa?". Uhhh - no. Haha, shows you what I know. Arizona might be in the southwest, but I might as well have been in Texas.

No problem at all - I was hungry after a run, and ready for an old fashioned breakfast. Hey - if you're at a waffle place, why not get waffles? So I went for their Waffle Special which also included (per my choice) a ham steak and a fried egg. I chose good old fashioned maple syrup and had coffee. The latter was kind of weak to be honest, but admittedly I love strong coffee. And they have the flavored creamers that I prefer. For a classic American breakfast, they did everything right and the flavors were excellent. No complaints at all.

The restaurant is reasonably spacious so getting a table during the pandemic will be hit and miss. I had no problem on a Monday mid-morning, but there was a small line outside when I left. Also of note is they do not take credit cards - just checks and cash. These days I usually carry cash since I do a lot of thrifting and garage saling, but that wasn't always the case. So be prepared. 

They have one other location in Prescott known as Waffles N' More.

2/15/21 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...