Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Amicci's ~ Baltimore, Maryland


Latest visit: Jan 2018

First visit: Sep 2017

The RJG works and stays right around the corner from Baltimore’s Little Italy. Talk about a kid in the candy store right? Well surprisingly no. I haven’t dined much here, even though in past trips to Baltimore I made a beeline here, usually to Chiapperelli’s (mid 2000s mainly). Many years ago, when the RJG had a steady gig in New York City (summer of 1998), I also stayed right around the corner from Little Italy. What I discovered in trying many of the restaurants there over the course of 4 months was a “lot of the same”. There were exceptions of course. That, and the fact that Italian food can be heavy, I just didn’t want to start rebuilding my gut that I spent years chiseling off through exercise.

All of this to say – I worry too much. Amicci’s is exactly what I was looking for. Reasonable portions, reasonable prices, and superb food! As is the RJG custom when dining alone, I grab a spot at the bar, order a drink (in this case a glass of red), and begin to peruse the menu. Doesn’t take long to zoom in on a penne with homemade meatballs and a house salad. Delicious as to be expected. I mean really - what else do you need to know? This place is good.

9/5/17; 1/31/18; 8/14/18 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...