Monday, September 23, 2019

Max's Taphouse ~ Baltimore, Maryland


Latest visit: Sep 2019

First visit: Jun 2017

And now we have the RJG’s favorite place to go in Baltimore! It’s not my favorite restaurant per se, but I can state with certainty that this is the best beer bar I’ve been to – ever. They have something like 102 taps – that are constantly rotated! My goodness, I cannot possibly keep up. This is the only place I go to where I’m guaranteed I’ll get to try new beers from somewhere. Generally I don’t venture past Maryland, but if I go there enough, I generally have to explore elsewhere. So I look for states nearby. I’m lucky to go beyond Pennsylvania and Virginia. 3 beers is usually my maximum, though I’ve had 4 at any one setting. Remember all I have to do is stumble back to the hotel...

So great – the drinking is second to none, what about the food? To be honest, when I first came to Max’s, I wasn’t even sure they had food! I thought it might just be a bar. Most folks that are there – are there to drink, laugh, and bond. And getting a bar stool isn’t always a guarantee (they do have large tables elsewhere that are usually filled with groups). But on my first visit, I found one, and asked if they had a menu. Of course, and out popped a fairly large list of offerings. So I popped for a Jamaican Jerk Chicken sandwich. Hey – this place is good! They take their food seriously. And over the last year, I’ve seen plenty of folks dine here. But it remains the minority. No matter – I’ve done quite a bit of exploration of the menu. And Max’s is another place with a great tasting hamburger (Beer Bacon Cheeseburger in fact). Never once have I been disappointed (I really do eat well in Baltimore don’t I?)

6/12/17; 8/14/18 (new entry); 9/23/19

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...