Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Clark Burger ~ Baltimore, Maryland


Latest visit: Apr 2019

First visit: Sep 2017

Clark Burger is the answer to a question I had when I started at my current job. Where can I just get a hamburger? I mean we don’t even have Burger King or Wendy’s around where I work. Not that I want that, but it makes for an interesting data point. Then came Clark Burger in the summer, and the problem was solved. According to a former co-worker (a lot of “former” co-workers I’m afraid to say), who I’ll call the Z Stare, he informed me that the location they inhabited always goes out of business. Well maybe Clark Burger has solved that puzzle too. I sure hope so!

If I were to guess what the location was once upon a time, I’d guess it were an auto garage of some sort. But great expense has been allocated to make it feel like a modern industrial restaurant. And maybe they found some extra grease for their grill…

So what is a Clark Burger anyway? They are a self-styled “Canadian Styled” Burger. OK, what is that then? Well, basically they serve poutine instead of fries (though you can get regular fries of course). What the heck is poutine you ask? If you’ve ever been to Quebec you know the answer, and if you haven’t, you probably don’t. It’s basically fries with cheese curds and gravy. Yea, it’s a little weird honestly. I did try it the first time I visited here as a reminder of the flavor from our own trip back to La Belle Province in 2004, but I have to admit it’s not a favorite of the RJG. No matter, because I’m here for the burger. And it’s delicious! A “Clark Burger” comes with a “secret sauce” that I really enjoy. And the fries are excellent too, though I usually just stick to the burger (it’s big enough believe me). I haven’t ventured too far into the menu beyond this to be honest.

Clark Burger is counter service (and served at your table), but they do have an impressive list of craft beer in bottles and cans. Once again, I had to make a choice, and I decided on Clark Burger for lunch forgoing the beverage option. There’s just way more options for dinner (plus I can walk further at night given the lack of a time constraint). I need all the lunch places I can find close by (lest I end up going to Whole Foods and loading up at their buffet. That will not be a good moment). Highly recommended.

9/7/17; 8/14/18 (new entry); 4/9/19

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...