Sunday, September 22, 2024

Reservoir Brewing ~ Pueblo West, Colorado


Latest visit: Sep 2024

First visit: Jan 2020

As if to repeat my Pueblo experience from a year ago, I also took Mrs. RJG to Reservoir Brewing for the first time since our initial visit together. No dramatic shootings on this occasion (see below), but today was the Pueblo Chile Festival which curtailed some of our plans (they closed parts of downtown). We weren't excited about the festival itself, having been to plenty of similar over the years. 

In any case, Pueblo West is a peaceful diversion from the Steel City. On this visit, in addition to two excellent beers, we tried their chips and salsas. And added Pueblo Chile's for an "extra kick". He told us they were "medium" heat. Probably a little spicier than that, but a hotter variety would have been welcomed. All the same, the chips were great (perhaps made locally?) and the salsa had a nice sweet tomato taste. The chiles were an awesome addition. Overall we enjoyed a great outing. And then we made the hour journey back home.

---original 11/18/23 review

This is only my second time to Reservoir, the first was with Mrs. RJG. It was the same day Kobe Bryant died. On this particular day, apparently I almost died. I was walking in the same parking lot when this shooting occurred. I was oblivious to it all, until I heard about it later when some ladies were talking in a store about the event. But I did think I heard gunshots and noticed a heightened awareness around me. But it could have been construction too for all I knew. Strange how close we can be to a random event like that. And the time of 10:10 is exactly when I was there, validating what I heard. I was going to the ARC thrift shop nearby.

Which all makes this trip to Pueblo memorable as was the 2020 visit. Inauspicious as it may be. Pueblo West is a separate (and more peaceful) community a few miles west of the main metropolis. The brewery itself is nice, featuring a long bar and plenty of tables. Not a very big place, somewhat cozy actually. They also serve snack food, but since I enjoyed Pass Key earlier for lunch, I stuck to two beers. Friendly service. Nice way to close off my latest Pueblo adventure - more risky than planned.

1/26/20; 11/18/23 (new entry); 9/22/24

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...