Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Texas Roadhouse ~ national chain : Monument, Colorado


First visit: Jun 2022 (Monument, CO)

It was time to celebrate the RJG's new job, and for this event we had Mrs. RJG, her official mom - and my official mom. So with two ladies in their 80s, that means Early Bird Special! My official mom had been wanting to go here for some time, so now we had the perfect excuse. My comment on the Rating is pretty much all you need to know, unless you've never been to a steakhouse before. The roots of Texas Roadhouse are actually in Colorado, and the founder started with a restaurant known as the Buckhead Mountain Grill. He dropped out of that and started Texas Roadhouse. So clearly he moved his theme from Colorado to Texas. Hey, he's going in the opposite direction of the RJG!

As for the food, each of us had a small sirloin, as either the feature of the meal or as part of a combo. Mrs. RJG likes hers well-done as you all know. Finally she got a completely futzed out - no juice steak. It was dry she complained. Yea, how about that? For the rest of us, we settled on Medium and were happy with the flavor and seasonings. Mine was probably a bit more medium rare, but that's fine with me. I got the combo that included a slab of BBQ chicken. The chicken was a bit steroid-y and had that unnatural crunch to it. And the sauce was way too sweet, so I wouldn't recommend getting this. I also had the seasoned rice - a bit too moist but very good all the same. And the final combo item for me was the Texas Red Chili. Very much a steakhouse chili, beefy, with a tangy sauce. I liked it. Not sure what everyone else had as sides, beyond the "veggies", which no one said was very good. Might want to avoid those as well.

Look - it's a chain steakhouse off of an interstate, so don't expect too much. It's for the unadventurous tourists (and my Mom lol) who spent all day at the Bass Pro and didn't know where to eat afterwards. Arriving early did offer us a cheaper dinner, and compared to just about everyone else these days, it was almost reasonable. Not sure if I'll ever go back, but wouldn't complain if I did. 

This is another chain who doesn't want you to know where their locations are beyond your local address. According to Wikipedia they have over 600 locations internationally. There are 3 here in the Springs and at least 6 in the Denver area. Just out of curiosity I put our old NE Tarrant address, and there's 3 in that region (Northlake, north Fort Worth, and Bedford).

6/22/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...