Wednesday, June 29, 2022

All Valley Cafe ~ Alamosa, Colorado


First visit: Jun 2022

Mrs. RJG and I enjoyed a nice morning run along the Rio Grande River and the Cattails Golf Course. Type into your phone "State Ave River Trail Access" if looking for a pleasant walk or run. After yesterday's dinner debacle, Mrs. RJG was ready to devour a big breakfast. Checking the reviews nearby, All Valley Cafe looked to be a safe bet.

And it was. Once again, I settled on my staple all meat breakfast burrito. We had the option of red or green chili. Or both, so naturally I went with that. As with the others on this trip, the green chile is whiter and thicker than I'm used to. But not near as starchy as San Luis Valley's version. It was closer to what I had at Jan's in Buena Vista. Packed a nice little punch too. The red was more of a Texas blend - on the thicker side. I don't want to disparage it too much, but Wolf Brand did come to mind. The burrito was loaded with bacon, sausage, and ham. Perhaps too much potato - and it was more like a baked potato verse the usual fried variety. Mrs. RJG had the Huevos Rancheros with the same chili mix. This time she ate it all, though again the chile wasn't a big hit. I guess this is how they make green chile in the south central part of Colorado. Way different than Pueblo, Colorado Springs, or Denver (and they're all different from each other). And miles from the New Mexico variety. Overall the RJG recommends, but I wish I had more time to sample the other places in town for comparison.

6/29/22 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...