Monday, December 6, 2021

Wade's Cafe ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


First visit: Dec 2021

I had Wade's circled to go to earlier in the year, but it was still during the pandemic, and there was a long wait so I tabled it for a future day. And that day has arrived. And joining me on this venture is none other than business associate, and good friend, Tampa Pound who last graced these pages in early 2018. As it turns out, he too is now a resident of Colorado Springs, so there's always an opportunity for a quick get together. I arrived early, and stated there would be 2 of us, but they only seat you if the whole party is already here. Which makes sense for a popular place such as this. He arrived about 5 minutes later, and we were promptly seated. Wade's has an extensive menu of breakfast and lunch items (they typically close at 2), so figuring out what I wanted was a challenge. We were there at 11:00, so I could have gone either way. I decided on breakfast, as it's always hard for me to resist a Breakfast Burrito smothered in green. These also come with "3 dollar pancakes". I was starving so the egg burrito had little chance of surviving the 10 minute onslaught. The green chile had an excellent flavor - definitely not that spicy for those who are sensitive to such things. As is often the case, I could have used more chile, as it was pretty dry by the end. Maybe I should stop eating it by itself on the side of the plate? I can't help myself. The Tampa Pound ordered the Farmer's Omelet which he devoured with glee. I then attacked the pancakes as if they were dessert, slathering all the butter they gave me, and dousing it in maple syrup. A perfect way to close off the meal. 

Complaints? Sure, why not, gotta complain about something I s'ppose. I wanted coffee but they didn't have flavored creamers, which is pretty standard these days. Oh well, I went for the hot chocolate instead, which was also excellent. So I won for losing. So much for complaints. And service was very prompt, something very rare these days.

Definitely need to get Mrs. RJG over here. The primary thing with her has to do with the hot temperature of the food, and I have to give credit to Wade's here too. I too prefer it as hot as possible. Nothing worse than warm or cool food - at least for food that isn't supposed to be that way! We'll be back for next year's "annual review".

12/6/21 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...