Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Cindy Lou's Fish House ~ Baltimore, Maryland


First visit: Dec 2021

Continuing on from the same day as Pasta Mista, it was time to meet the new boss for the first time - again in person. Also two peers, including a new hire like myself. Boss Man chose Cindy Lou's Fish House. It's a new place, established after my last foray into Baltimore. It's in an ideal location at the edge of the harbor with super views. In fact, it's part of my harbor running route in the morning, so I knew exactly where it was. Cindy Lou's is the latest venture from well respected chef Cindy Wolf, and her nearby Charleston restaurant has won many awards. As it turns out, she is also a personal friend of our very own Rude Dante! It's the Indiana connection. Small world, eh? Ms. Wolf was not on hand this night, working her regular job at the Charleston. I was hoping for a quick introduction on behalf of the RJG team.

Though Cindy Lou's could be considered high-end dining, it doesn't really feel that way. It's a unique menu, heavy on seafood as expected. And on this night, my compadres all had seafood and wine. They seemed to enjoy it, and one got the evening Special which featured crab cakes. For myself, I went for the flat iron ribeye, which was gigantic. Or at least it appeared that way at first. But then you realize that about 20 percent of it is fat. This is by design to seal in the flavor. All the same, it's still a lot of steak, more than I'm used to at this point in my life. I finished it all the same. And it sits on top of a bed of fries. And I mean a "bed of them". The steak was delicious, and perfectly cooked to order (medium). According to a local source, Wolf has this offering at all her restaurants. I could only each so much fries, to which Boss Man gave me a hard time about. "Can't finish 'em, eh? Disappointing". I didn't join in for the wine, sticking to craft beers, of which they had a respectable selection. We did start with the Shared Snack Plate appetizer which is a mix of (cuts and pastes from online menu): Edwards of Surry Virginia Ham, Buttermilk Biscuits Hush Puppies, Fried Green Tomato, Nanny’s Pickles, Pimento Ricotta, Hot Pepper Jelly & Toasts. It's quite large and we didn't finish it, though I made sure the ham was gobbled up...

All in all a delightful place to dine in Baltimore. Always wanted to use "a delightful place" in an RJG review. Mission accomplished.

12/21/21 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...