Saturday, September 2, 2023

Rizuto's Ice Cream ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


First visit: Sep 2023

As I was waiting for my sandwich at Wooglin's I began to plot my next move while reviewing Google Maps. That's when I saw Rizuto's Ice Cream pop up. And it's right across the street. Perfect - I know what's for dessert! You'll note that on the Wooglin's entry I didn't mention coming back for a coffee - and this is why. It's clear I've completely neglected this part of Colorado Springs, but no more.

Founded in 2005, Rizuto's offers up a very large space for families to gather. Their website brags they are rated #1 for Colorado Springs according to Yelp. A quick check has them at #2 currently, behind Josh & John's. Which is only fair since J&J makes their own ice cream. Rizuto's apparently does too, but only a small amount of flavors. I think Rizuto's gets higher marks for the environment they provide. And I was more than pleased with my server on this day, who essentially offered me the "kids" sized waffle cone, which was plenty enough for me!


I ordered my staple of coffee ice cream. Reminded me most of the flavor I experienced at Spenny's (Gunnison), which turned out to be Third Bowl Ice Cream. Not overly flavorful or creamy, but still excellent. So who does make most of their ice cream? Anne & Mann's. I was not familiar with the brand, though they provide ice cream to many Colorado establishments. Mostly here in the Colorado Springs area, but also into the mountain interior like Vail, Basalt, and Steamboat Springs.

I'll be back. Probably the next time I go to Wooglin's for a revisit. Or maybe before...

9/2/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...