Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Natoli's Italian Deli ~ Secaucus, New Jersey


OK what Natoli's is not, is a place to go and have a sit-down dinner (at least not when I was there in the dog-end of COVID restrictions). Natoli's shows as one of the better recommended pizza joints on yelp and what-not, so I decided to give it a whirl. I arrived and found a deli counter with a couple tables where people generally milled around waiting for their take-out orders rather than eating there. I ordered my stand-by favorite pie: pep/sausage/mushroom, with a salad to go. 

Pizza is not your prototypical paper-thin crust, nor is it the wood-fired variety more recently trendy, and certainly not a pan pizza. Actually it was a good approximation of some of my favorite Elkhart, Indiana pizza joints (Colombos, for instance, maybe Big John's or Michaels). Salad was fresh and crisp. And I was intrigued with many other options on the menu that I saw people coming to take away: sandwiches, pasta, meats, etc. 

Only had the one meal here, but it was quite good. Pizza later passed all standards for leftover pie (must be good cold for breakfast as well as reheated).  Be prepared to pickup a bottle of wine or a six-pack and you'll be all set!

- Rude Dante review

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...