Saturday, May 29, 2021

Iechyd Da Brewing Company ~ Elkhart, Indiana


First question asked is usually, 'how do you pronounce that shit?' I have heard, generally, a Canuck or Scandinavian first syllable (Yah, you don't say!), followed by something like, 'kid-da'. Clearly I don't know. Second question immediately follows first: "What does it mean?" Ditto previous plea of ignorance (although it shouldn't surprise you to learn it is Welsh. Oops, I slipped.)

Here's what I do know. These guys make a pretty good and pretty diverse batch of beers for a town of 50-70k residents, and they pack in a loyal crowd of patrons even on what are normally slow weekday lunches. It's one of the few places that I like to start with a flight, because you'll find quality from the lighter blondes & pilseners right through to the pales, IPAs, Scotch ales and Stouts. There are certainly some I like better than others, but have not had a bad one yet.

Here's the other thing I know. Many breweries here in Colorado eschew food in favor of food trucks. Iechyd Da has a solid kitchen with limited but high quality grub. Mainstays are pizzas, small plates and salads - plus a sandwich or two. All are excellent in my experience.

Would also recommend taking a growler or a crowler for later ruminations.

- Rude Dante review

(ed: later ruminations!)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...