Wednesday, December 12, 2018

James Joyce Pub ~ Baltimore, Maryland *** CLOSED ***


Location: President @ Fleet (Harbor East)

Last visit: Dec 2018

First visit: Nov 2016

The closest restaurant to my usual hotel is the James Joyce Pub, which naturally enough is modeled after a traditional Irish pub. I will always associate this place with yet another “former employee”, who I will christen as The Pakistani President, because he indeed looks, acts, and talks like a leader of a populous country. He was my peer when starting, and we had many a night here at James Joyce solving my current company’s problems. We had succeeded too, until inexplicably he was let go by the “Invisible SVP” last summer. Ugh. But the good news is we’re looking to bringing him back, and rolling up into my organization no less, so we can go about fixing the company’s woes again. Or just go eating and drinking at the James Joyce Pub… Of course, given the location, James Joyce Pub is no bargain. Because of that, I never have ventured here on my own – though it’s a good option if ever the weather is so bad to not be able to walk 500 feet. But I’ve found myself here on a vendor’s dime on occasion. So what of the food? Excellent really. Burgers, seafood, crab cakes, etc… all very good. Beer selection is somewhat limited, though of course Guinness and the lot are de rigeur. The atmosphere is lively, often loud, and exactly what you would expect from an inner city Irish pub. Bring your company credit card though.

2/18

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...