Sunday, January 15, 2023

FH Beerworks ~ Colorado Springs, Colorado


Latest visit: Jan 2023

First visit: Feb 2019

Of the breweries entering into this year, FH Beerworks is the one I hadn't been to in the longest time. Trying to catch up plus there's 3 new breweries that showed up in the latter half of 2022. Part of the reason for that delay is that FH cans their beers for the local stores, so I don't necessarily need to go to their brewery to try them. However they always have different beers at the brewery than their "flagship" offerings. And that's what I had this time (and probably will every time).

When we first moved back to the Springs, FH had 2 locations - one downtown and one off of Powers (east). We went to the former first. They have since sold that location to a brewery called Red Swing Brewhouse, who opened in 2021 (we've been once and after our next revisit, we'll report on it - sometime this year hopefully). 

FH (which originally stood for FieldHouse) is a large space, with a warehouse like feel, and plenty of flat screens to enjoy the game or other entertainment. They also have a permanent food truck known as Twelve Thirty One. I didn't try them this time, but did on the last visit. I'll have to make a point to eat here next time I stop by. Currently they greet you at the door and seat you like at a restaurant. I just went straight to the bar, but that's not their setup I guess... While I wouldn't put FH at the top of my favorite local breweries, at least in terms of ambience, I have to say that their beers are very good and tasty. 

2/3/19; 1/15/23 (new entry)

No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...