Saturday, January 14, 2023

Halfpenny Brewing ~ Centennial, Colorado


Latest visit: Jan 2023

First visit: Feb 2020

Coming into 2020, we had started the great habit of trying breweries in the Denver area. I had convinced Mrs. RJG that it would be fun to have one beer on the way home, after seeing family (which is why we're usually in Denver together). Halfpenny Brewing represents the last time we did that before the pandemic hit. So it was fitting to restart the tradition here again, almost 3 years to the date later. Oh believe me, I've been trying to kickstart this program since 2021, but she wasn't very interested. And I always state that I'm going to stop at one while digging for records in the area. But I get so busy that by the time I look up and get some air, I need to skedaddle back home.

Halfpenny is definitely on the large side for a neighborhood brewery, and they feature a full biergarten in the back. On this day, the NFL playoffs were going, and it's nice to see places like this filling up again to watch sports like we used to. No politics and no masks. Just root for your team, and enjoy a brewski or two. Mrs. RJG isn't a huge dog fan, and this is one of those breweries that allow pets inside, so the smell got to her. And my Irish red was a bit flat this time, though her Rye IPA was excellent. We have tons of breweries to go in Denver, but it was nice to circle back and pick up where we left off.

Let the games begin!

2/1/20; 1/14/23 (new entry)

 


No comments:

Northern Cafe ~ Cerritos, California

Lady Music and I joined the BFF family to celebrate Lady Music's BFF's birthday. Northern Cafe on Second in Cerritos was the choice ...